To see the answers to each of our FAQ's simply click on the + to the right!
This is a great question and depending who you ask you can definitely get answers all over the board, from $500 - $100,000+. A website is somewhat like a house, cost varies depending on a multitude of factors. The type of projects we focus on here at 360 Website Solutions usually start in the $3,500.00 range for basic sites and go up from there depending on many factors and each clients unique needs.
We focus on building sites within a solid, tried and true platform that over 25% of all sites globally are built on.
Another common question we get regarding website projects is timing. How soon will a site be finished? Well a site really should never be finished, to be dynamic content should be added somewhat regularly. But usually when someone asks that question they want to know how soon can we go live.
The simple answer: 4-16 weeks.
Many factors go into this timeframe projection. Scope of work, design elements needed, content creation etc. Timing all depends on the size and complexity of your site AND your ability to meet deadlines as well as us. We can have the site ready but if you don't have the content ready it can set the launch date back.
We can actually help with both. It's important to know that domain hosting and website hosting are two (2) separate things.
- We can help you choose a domain if you don't have one already or desire a new one.
- We can purchase and host your domain for you.
- If you ever desire to take control of your domain hosting we can transfer it to your hosting account as long as you provide us with the access information and pay our Domain Transfer Fee.
- You can choose to host your domain on your own account (i.e. Godaddy, Hover, etc)
- If you will host your domain on an account with i.e. GoDaddy we will need access info (username & password) so we can change the nameservers. (Point your domain to the site files so when you go to www.YourSite.com the actual site we build shows up)
- We, 360 Website Solutions can manager your website hosting (most clients choose this option). Typically website hosting is included in our Care Plan options.
- You may already have professional website hosting, you might even manage that hosting in-house; if that’s the case, great. We will just need to know who to send the final website files to so they can upload it onto your hosting server. Or you can give us access to your website hosting account and we can upload your website files for you as long as you pay our Website File Transfer Fee (usually included in the proposal if you have decided to self-host the website). We will charge you the Website File Transfer Fee for installing your site on this server, plus any statistics software such as Google Analytics. Ongoing updates as well as management of server, plus any support issues will be up to you.
- If you don’t manage your own website hosting, or your current hosting environment does not support the solution we are providing, we can set up an account for you at one of our preferred, third-party hosting providers. We will charge you a one-off fee for installing your site on this server, plus any statistics software such as Google Analytics, then the updates to, and management of that server, plus any support issues will be up to you.
We use responsive design on all of our projects. This means your site will"respond" to the size of the screen it is being viewed on. This allows for an optimal viewing and interactive experience across all devices. This means your site will look great whether its being viewed on a large flat screen HD TV, laptop, desktop monitors, tablets, and of course mobile devices (smartphones)!
A domain name is similar to a street address, its where your business can be found on the internet.
Simply housing your domain for a fee.
You are so to speak "renting" your domain name from a registrar (i.e. GoDaddy). By paying an annual fee you have the ability to "own" or "use" that domain name. You can pay for multiple years or one year at a time but purchasing a domain name is not a one time purchase and your done.
Web hosting is where your website files are located or stored.
Web hosting allows your website to be viewed and visited on the Internet.
Your website is really just a bunch of files. Those files need a place to be stored so they can be accessed when needed. When someone goes to your domain the nameservers (internet phone books so to speak) point to where your web files are and it pulls up the files for your site. Those files are stored on web servers (think of web servers as giant file cabinets for web files).
Lets use an analogy here to help clarify this one.
Lets pretend that your website is a cellphone, and that your website hosting is, for comparison sake, your carrier service. You can definitely have a cell phone without carrier service but without that carrier service you will be unable to make or accept calls because you are not connected to your carrier service. Your cellphone has to be connected to a service provider/carriers system for it to be able to accept or receive calls.
Your website is really just a bunch of files. Those files have to be accessible through a web server so that those files can be viewable via the Internet. This is why you need website hosting.
Just like a cell phone won't work without a carrier service, your website won't work without web hosting.
Simply, a file where all your web pages are listed.
This allows Google and other search engines to understand the organization of your content.
To hear what Google has to say about sitemaps us this link
The time it takes for your website to appear on page 1 of Google depends on a number of factors. It depends on the search phrase people are using to find your website and the number of other websites that are also available for those search phrases. Nobody can truly say how long it will take for your website to appear at the top of search engine results pages (including people who actually work for Google), however there are a number of factors that can improve your chances. Building your website on WordPress is a good start as WordPress has some great Search Engine Optimization fundamentals built-in. Creating unique and interesting content on a regular basis for your website is also critical to increase your visibility among search engines. Launching your website and then forgetting about it is a surefire way to get lost among the noise.
We can definitely discuss search engine strategy in more depth just let us know!